Does Audi Have the Best Technology?
All About Audi Tech Pack – Worth it or Not?
Wondering whether you should get your hands on one of the dynamic Audi models? Are you uncertain if it contains decent technology or not? Well, we have got it all covered for you. The newer Audi models come packed with advanced and modern technology that leaves everyone agape.
In addition to an exhilarating driving experience with enhanced performance, the engineers have equipped the models with ultra-modern technology. Ready to dive into the superior and captivating Audi experience? Read on to gain complete insight into the latest Audi tehnology.
Audi is integrated with first-rate, high-class technology which is up there along with the best in the market.
General Perception of Audi Technology
Let’s address an often voiced opinion about Audi technology being too complex. Although some of the Audi models may seem daunting due to the highly advanced tech being involved, most of the models offer a remarkable drive with zero hassle. From touchscreens to multiple cameras and adaptive cruise control – this modern Audi has it all to make your drive nothing short of a soothing experience.
An Insight into Audi’s Technology
Are you in search of a luxury vehicle that boasts an enviable amount of modern technology? Audi’s research and development team have worked tirelessly to be at the forefront of the latest technology – with the manufacturer having an impressive line up of various models equipped with all the features you would associate with a luxury vehicle. Prepare to be blown away by just some of what Audi has to offer:
This astounding feature is truly captivating. The virtual cockpit feature introduces digital dials instead of conventional analog instruments. It is embedded in the large 12.3 inch digital display. The display is nestled neatly behind the steering wheel. From the very basics, like the speedometer and tachometer giving you the details that matter, to the 3D navigation and safety features – this has it all.
In addition to that, it contains all the media information right down to the essential radio. Moreover, it comes with driver assistance as well, which makes your driving experience significantly safer. With additional features like car system settings and a caller ID function, there is hardly anything that this system doesn’t cover. It all combines to assist the driver brilliantly. This high-end feature alone is definitely a persuasive factor in why people choose Audi.
Advanced Transmission System
In an attempt to make customers even more satisfied, the German automaker has developed a sophisticated transmission system. With better electronics, the transmission system brings innovation to a range of models.
The R&D team at Audi have invested extraordinary amounts of time and money on specifically improving the transmission system. The all-new Tiptronic classic 8-speed system ensures super-easy gear shifting, right across the rev range. The shifts are efficient and smooth. Due to the higher number of gears, the engine is able to perform at the optimal rpm, regardless of the conditions – hence the smooth drive. The 8-speed system also enhances efficiency of the engine, as an efficient engine is an economical one.
Also worth a mention is a special purpose damper included in the transmissions system, which cancels out the vibrations. This will enable you to enjoy a quiet and comfortable drive, with silky smooth acceleration and the velvet gear changes becoming virtually unnoticeable.
Audi’s research and development team have worked tirelessly to be at the forefront of the latest technology.
Audi has included a phone storage compartment. This is provided close to the armrest for maximum convenience. It provides you with the option of wirelessly charging your smartphone. Furthermore, it enables two devices to be connected via Bluetooth at the same time.
The Multi Media Interface is one of the most modern and advanced pieces of technology that Audi has on offer. This provides the user with a large infotainment system on a separate 7 inch display. A user can access radio and other similar features through this ultra-modern infotainment system. The impressive sound system compliments this beautifully, something both front and rear passengers are sure to enjoy.
To navigate between the menus, a toggle is provided which further enhances the ease of use. Audi is continuously working on improving the navigation system. In addition to that, it provides a voice recognition option that enables you to operate it while driving.
Audi stands out among its rivals when it comes to lighting technology. Standing as a pioneer in the automotive industry, it takes pride in its Digital Matrix LED (DML) headlights. Embedded with a highly sophisticated DMD which is a micro-mirror device, the headlights are decked out with a dazzling amount of small mirrors.
They work in the electrostatic field through which they can illuminate specific parts. The headlights are integrated with the camera which can provide you with warnings like lane-departure, amongst other things. This contributes enormously to the safety of both driver and passengers.
Does Audi Really Have the Best Technology? Diving into the Models
It is quite evident from the features stated above that Audi really comes with the most advanced and modern technology. However, having an insight into the models will give you a better perspective of the latest technology integrated with their models. So dive right in!
Audi Q5- One of the Most Advanced Luxury Vehicles
- Autonomous Cruise-control: It assists the driver via two sensors. One sensor gauges the distance of the car which is ahead of your vehicle while the other sensor controls the speed.
- Virtual Cockpit: Highly advanced system of electronics displaying digital information at the rear of the steering wheel.
- MMI Connect: From connect ID to displaying a smartphone calendar, MMI Connect enables you to do it all. Whether it is the navigation direction or an appointment location, things have never been easier.
- 19 Speakers: Audi Q5 features 19 speakers making the sound clearer with perfect noise cancellation.
- Superior Safety Features: Audi Q5 remains unbeatable when it comes to safety features. From traction control to off-road mode, from anti-lock brake settings to pressure monitoring, there is certainly no compromise on safety.
Audi A8- Proof That Audi Has the Best Technology
- Dual Touchscreens: Audi A8 features a minimalistic design while providing dual touchscreens. This enables it to perform multiple functions simultaneously.
- Massaging Footrest: Going above and beyond for the comfort of the passengers, you can get first-rate foot treatment together with a back massage.
- Laser Scanner: Even more technologically advanced than radars, the Audi A8 is integrated with a laser scanner. This will assist you in being in your lane, enhancing safety.
- 4-Wheel Steering: To take manoeuvrability to next level, Audi A8 introduced the concept of 4-wheel steering. It lets you steer with the ultimate convenience, be it on the road or in the parking lot.
- Active Suspension: To achieve the perfect handling and balance, the Audi A8 comes with the modern feature of adaptive suspension. In addition to that, it also introduces the concept of predictive suspension which significantly reduces the probability of a passenger being injured.
Final Verdict – Is the Audi Technology Actually Good?
Though some people might initially be a bit overwhelmed at the complexity of what Audi has on offer, it is remarkably user friendly. Audi is integrated with first-rate, high-class technology which is up there along with the best in the market. Whether it is the predictive suspension system or MMI connect, the claim that Audi has the best technology comes as no surprise. Although the technology may be amazing, ensure you maintain your Audi, which may include inspecting battery terminals and testing the battery every now and again. Additionally, save power by not leaving lights, audio systems, or other power-consuming devices on for extended periods without the engine running. This way you can enjoy your Audi for many years to come.
Still unsure about whether the Audi Q5 technology meets your standards? Renting a luxury car for a day or two is a great way to truly find out whether it’s the car for you.
Any information and advice is general in nature, and any opinions expressed are those of the author.